Our video choice; Paramore-Conspiracy

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Music video feedback

As a class we then watched every groups music video, we watched each video twice and evaluated each group critically. This really helped to set a standard for the class by using mark schemes which gave me a reality to how good the video had to be. I have been given a sheet with questions on to allow me to give constructive criticism such as: what is good about this music video? What do you not like about this video? What would you do to this music video? Out of five how would you rate this video? I think this was a very useful process because it allowed us as a class to see what people actually thought as it was all written anonymous.

Good points about my video:

• black and white affect “creates a arty feel”
• Band looks energetic and real
• Some good shots throughout
• Beach setting looked good


Bad points about my video:

• Too many band shots
• Narrative story line not clear enough
• Not enough variation within band shots
• Setting not great for band

Overall I found that the peer assessments was very useful as it got other people’s opinions on our video, it also gave me an idea of the standard of work being produced. Everything which was mentioned in our feedback has been changed in our final video, I think that alone shows how important peer assessment is. As a whole on rough cuts we got a 2/3 which is not bad for the first ruff cut, as a group we will be aiming for a 3 /4 for our final video. Although I do think the 2/3 was due to people being too nice and not as hard as what an examiner would say. I think since the rough cut the video has improved dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment